The access agreement commits the University of Worcester to a five-fold expansion of the Widening Participation Programme.
The Access and Retention Strategy Group has the responsibility to ensure that the funding allocated by the access agreement is used to fund activities that address recruitment and awareness-raising of students from groups that are particularly under-represented; whether at University of Worcester or in the department, degree programme or subject area.
The access agreement commits the University of Worcester to spending on outreach and retention activity that promotes access to Higher Education of Under-represented groups. These include:
- Young entrants from low participation neighbourhoods
- Entrants from socio-economic class (low)
- Static learners in local schools with poor Higher Education progression rates
- Level 3 students in partner Further Education colleges
- Learners with vocational qualifications
- Disabled students
- Learners leaving care
- Black and minority ethnic groups with particular emphasis on specific subject areas
The focus of a considerable proportion of University of Worcester spending on outreach will be used to support and develop collaborative work with partnerships.
Applications are sought for innovative and exciting projects that will contribute to commitments made in the access agreement.