The Board of Governors has responsibility for corporate governance, stewardship and financial sustainability, the University's Strategy and for determining the educational character and mission of the University.
Further details of the role of the Board and the Academic Board which reports to it can be found in its governing instruments.
The Board has the following sub-committees:
- Audit Committee
- Finance & Development Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Remunerations Committee (Senior Staff)
- Remunerations Committee (Board Appointees)
Further information about the work of membership and the work of the Governing Body is as follows:
The University of Worcester was granted University title in 2005 and is governed by its Instrument and Articles of Government.
Schedule of Delegation
The Schedule of Delegation was last reviewed by the Board at its meeting held on 3rd July 2017. It is reviewed on at least an annual basis.
The Schedule was developed in light of sector best practice guidelines (provided by the Committee of University Chairman (CUC)) and with reference to the University’s Instrument and Articles of Government. The latter constitute the overriding authority, should there be any contradiction, and the Articles shall be interpreted in such a manner as not to conflict with the Instrument.
- Committee of University Chairs (CUC)
- Higher Education Code of Governance (CUC, 2014)
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Memorandum of Assurance and Accountability (HEFCE)
- Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (LFHE)
- Higher Education Governance Resources
- Charity Commission: Guidance for Schools, Colleges and Universities