We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result:
- We have been ranked 5th out of 150 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2016 People & Planet University League
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability
- We have been Green Gown finalists in 8 categories over the last 3 years, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) and now in their eleventh year, recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- We were a Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008
Friday, 23 December 2016
An American academic has visited the University of Worcester to exchange ideas on sustainability.
Friday, 16 December 2016
Staff and students at the University of Worcester joined forces with the public, city council workers and councillors to clean up their community.
Wednesday, 30 November 2016
The University of Worcester has been ranked in the top five most sustainable universities in the country.