We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result:
- We have been ranked 5th out of 150 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2016 People & Planet University League
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability
- We have been Green Gown finalists in 8 categories over the last 3 years, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) and now in their eleventh year, recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- We were a Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008
Friday, 16 June 2017
Children from across Worcestershire learnt about how they could make a difference to the environment at an annual University of Worcester-run event involving local charities and businesses.
Friday, 14 April 2017
A challenge to feed a thousand people with the amount of food one family throw away in a year will kick-start a week of sustainability activities in Worcester.
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
The University of Worcester held a series of activities and events to promote sustainability as part of its Go Green Week.