The University Hardship Fund is called the Access to Learning Fund. This is a non-repayable grant administered by The University of Worcester to help eligible students who are experiencing financial difficulties.
In particular, help is given to students who may be financially disadvantaged for example:
- Mature students with other financial commitments
- Final year students
- Disabled students
- Students who are, or have been homeless
- Foyer residents
- Care leavers
- Students from a low-income background
- Students whose financial commitments change unexpectedly after the start of the course
- Students with children, especially lone parents
- Students with high travel expenses and/or course costs
- Student Carers
However, students in financial need that do not fit into these categories may still apply. Please note that the fund is limited and cannot always make up the whole financial short fall.
Find out more
For full details, including information on how to apply, please see our Money Advice pages.