The Art House, Castle Street, Worcester
The University has acquired the former grade II listed County Furnishings building on Castle Street with a view to refurbishing the existing building to provide facilities for Art. The proposals also include an extension to the side of the building.
Residents adjacent to the site were invited to a public consultation on the 8th September (5pm – 6pm) but the University would welcome comments from those unable to attend.
Please email any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 16th September 2016.
University Court - Key facts
- Student housing to accommodate a minimum of 1400
students within a two phase development.
- 500 parking bays and 500 bike storage bays
- Service and fire access roads
- An academic building
- A lecture theatre
- A student hub.
- Public open space for University and public use
- Improved connections and ease of access to
accommodate wheelchair users, cyclists, and
pedestrians and vehicles.
- All buildings to be BREEAM excellent.
- Site to include over 50% Green infrastructure
- Biodiversity of site to be enhanced.
- Buildings to be designed to be highly energy efficient,
with high levels of insulation, good natural daylight, and
provision of solar technologies such as PV panels.
- Buildings to be designed to be water efficient,
rainwater harvesting and Sustainable Urban Drainage
to be incorporated.
- 500 bicycle storage spaces to be provided.