What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for teaching English as a foreign language, so teaching English to people whose first language is not English. Developing your TEFL skills:
- helps you to really brush up on your knowledge of English, which will be useful whatever career you choose
- opens your eyes to other cultures, something which employers appreciate
- opens up job opportunities all over the world
What options do we offer?
- If you're a student at the University of Worcester, you can take modules for credit, as part of your undergraduate degree (LANG1001, LANG1012, LANG1013 and LANG2011).
- Both students and non-students can enrol for our 4-week intensive CELTA* courses and our online CELTA course.
*CELTA is a widely recognised TEFL certificate awarded by Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge
Try it out!
Find out what TEFL teaching is all about by attending the CELTA (TEFL) taster day. More info...