Excited to start your course? There are just a few key things you should get ready before you head to Worcester. Follow the steps to ensure you are prepared.
You can also download and read this information offline:
Registration is the process of becoming an official member of the University. Simply follow these steps.
1. Look out for your Confirmation letter
- Before the start of your course, we will send you a letter asking you to begin Registration online. There will be a web link in the letter which will take you to the relevant web pages.
2. Receive your University Account username, and set your password
- Once you have completed step one, you will receive your University Account username - this will be based on your name. You will also be directed to set a password for your University Account.
- Once you have your University Account username and password you will be able to access University IT services and get online. This will include access to Blackboard, our virtual learning environment, where you will be able to pick up your reading lists and find other useful course information.
- You will now be able to print out your official Certificate of Registration, which you will need to bring with you when you arrive on campus.
- You will also now have access to the Student Online Learning Environment (SOLE), where you will be able to find important information relating to your timetable and Welcome Week programme.
- For some courses, you will need to select modules (the ‘classes’) that you will study in your first year. If you need to make a selection, you will see this option in SOLE.
- If you need help choosing your modules, you can attend one of our module selection drop in sessions when you arrive on campus.
3. Upload a photo
- You’ll need to upload a good head and shoulders photo of yourself, which will be used on your student ID card. It’s important to upload this in advance, so that we can have your card ready for collection when you arrive.
- Try to use the sort of photo that you would use on a passport – nice and clear, looking at the camera and just featuring you!
4. Attend your Registration event
- You will complete the Registration in person at your Registration event once you arrive on campus.
- Your confirmation letter will give you details about when you should attend for registration. If you have any questions about this, or cannot attend at the time you have been assigned, call us on 01905 855111 and we will help you make alternative arrangements.
We invite all new students to apply to live in University managed accommodation when they accept an offer of a place.
If you have already applied for University Accommodation, we will send you more information shortly. Don't worry if your friends find out where they have been allocated before you do. We are currently matching applicants to their preferred choices and will be in touch with you as soon as possible. If you didn’t apply for Accommodation, but think that you may now wish to take up a place, please get in touch with us on 01905 855300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our Accommodation pages for more information, including pictures of all of our Halls.
You might also like to join our Applicants 2016 Facebook page so that you can start meeting some of the other students who you’ll be living with.
Pay your fees
You might also like to take a look at our handy budget sheets!
The University of Worcester offers a £1,000 first year scholarship to all new undergraduate students to the University who achieve at least ABB at A Level, or the equivalent qualification (such as distinction, distinction, merit at BTEC) and who are responsible for paying their own tuition fees (including those paying with a tuition fee loan from Student Finance). This scholarship is awarded automatically to qualifying students and is given in three instalments - £500 in October, and £250 in February and May. You don’t need to complete any paperwork – if you have achieved these grades, you will automatically be awarded the scholarship