Whether Worcester is a short road trip or a long haul flight away, here is all the information you need to pack your suitcases and make your way to campus.
How to get to Worcester
The University’s main St John’s campus is located at WR2 6AJ.
Information on how to get to the University campus is available on our Maps and Travel pages. The pages include sections on road, air, rail, bus and cycle travel.
If you are an international student you can find information about immigration and how to travel between UK airports and campus at our International webpages.
If your family or friends plan to stay over, here are a few local option:
- Henwick House B& B, Jennet Tree Lane, Worcester, WR2 4UM. Tel: 01905 831736
- Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, Foregate Street, Worcester, WR1 1EA. Tel: 01905 24308
- Fownes Hotel, City Walls Road, Worcester, WR1 2AD. Tel: 01905 613151
- Premier Inn, County Ground, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4RL. Tel: 0871 527 9456
What to pack
All students will require equipment for their upcoming studies. To save you from splashing out on software, you can download Microsoft Office on up to five devices, free of charge. You can find out more about our IT services in our Welcome Guide.
Living on Campus
Are you planning to live on campus? Our accommodation is fully furnished but you will need to bring some personal items. Here is what’s provided, and what you will need to bring.
All bedrooms contain:
- Desk and chair
- Bed and mattress
- Wardrobe with hanging section
- Carpet and curtains or blinds
- Wired network connection
- Wireless network connection
- Waste bin
- Ensuite rooms have a shower room including a washbasin and toilet.
- Electric socket(s).
All communal kitchens contain:
- Cooker and microwave
- Sink with hot and cold water
- Worktop space
- Kettle or water heater
- Vacuum cleaner
- Dustpan, brush, mop and bucket
- Iron and ironing board
- Most kitchens also contain a toaster.
You'll need to bring:
- Your own bedding
- Towels and tea towels
- Cleaning materials
- Saucepans and toiletries.
Toilet rolls are not provided in ensuite rooms, though there will be one there when you arrive.
A good quality extension cable which incorporates its own fuse is also useful. If you are travelling from outside the UK, wait until you arrive before purchasing electrical items, or bring adapter plugs compatible with the voltage system in the UK.
Beds and bedding
You’ll need to bring bedding, or order a bedding pack in advance. Our bedding packs contain a duvet, pillow, covers for both, a bedsheet and a mattress protector. You can order these in advance.
There is an on campus shop, which stocks grocery items as well as a wide range of useful supplies, so don’t worry if you forget something.